When is ROOT shipping?
Our next generation Alpha units are currently in small scale circulation for further testing purposes. Once we proceed through the next beta phase, we plan to ship units at scale in Spring 2018.
What can I grow with ROOT?
You can grow a wide array of plants, including, but not limited to the following:
- Lettuce: Watercress, Romaine, Butter, Boston
- Leafy Greens: Swiss Chard, Kale, Mustard Greens
- Leafy Herbs: Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Mint
- Medicinal Herbs: St. John’s Worts, Lemon Balm, Cannabis
- Woody Herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano
- Vine Plants: Cherry & Grape Tomatoes, Small Hot Peppers
- Edible Flowers: Chamomile, Wild Flowers
We will be shipping ROOT Refill Seed Kits when we officially launch.
What can't I grow with ROOT?
While we hope one day to have a ROOT that grows root vegetables (e.g. carrots and potatoes), ROOT is more suitable for the family of plants listed above. However, you can really start any plant in ROOT and transplant it outside.
What is included in my ROOT Kit?
ROOT comes with everything you need to get started for a 30 – 90 day plant cycle:
- 1 ROOT Hydroponic Garden System
- 1 ROOT Refill Kit: 12 biodegradable ROOT Plant Pods securely house your plants for one entire growth cycle.
- 1 ROOT Seed Pack: The ROOT Starter Kit comes with a mix of the highest quality Non-GMO Project Verified, certified organic seeds. Produce lush, fragrant plants that will tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 ROOT Plant Food: Our specially formulated plant food is derived from natural nutrient-rich plant-based, vegan ingredients that are safe for you and your family.
- ROOT App (iOS + Android)
How do I assemble ROOT?
ROOT is simple and easy to assemble in 4 easy steps:  Set ROOT on a stable surface;  Plug in and sync ROOT to your wifi network;  Fill the reservoir with filtered water;  Set in your ROOT Pods and you’re ready to grow!
How big is ROOT?
ROOT is 30″ tall and 12″ wide. It’s best situated on a countertop or side table in your home. Yet, you can put ROOT anywhere indoors you wish.
Can ROOT grow taller plants?
Yes, we will be selling a $10 extender that will extend your ROOT by 7”. That means you can grow plants up to 24″ in ROOT.
How often do I have to water ROOT?
ROOT will text you a reminder when to add water and nutrients. ROOT typically only needs more water and nutrients every 7-10 days, depending on the humidity and temperature of your environment. No need to worry because ROOT will notify you on your smart device when it is low on water and nutrient and status of your plants.
How do I maintain my ROOT?
Between each growing cycle, the ROOT reservoir is easily removable to access for cleaning. Simply empty and rinse out the reservoir, remove your old plants, fill with fresh water and plant your new ROOT Pods.
How is ROOT different than other hydroponic products on the market?
ROOT has the ability to grow a wide variety of herbs and vegetables within small or cramped spaces. It is a plug-and-play system that has all the integrated components you need to start growing: lights, an internal timer, and a self-watering system. ROOT’s aesthetic integrates seamlessly into your life.
- More plants per square foot than comparable growing units
- The vertical design allows for leaves to spread out and get larger
- Fits on a countertop, tabletop, closet or floor
- Adaptable to any lifestyle
Why are LEDs used?
LEDs are more efficient and use less energy than standard grow lights. Traditional growing lights produce light that flows in every direction, wasting light energy and dissipating a large amount of heat. LEDs focus specific wavelengths of lights that can be readily absorbed by plants, minimizing the amount of energy required to supply proper lighting. Fewer resources are used in LED manufacturing, which does not use mercury or lead. Ours is full spectrum and programmed, so no need to tamper with a T6, fuss with a fluorescent, or overheat with a halide.
Will ROOT come in different colors?
Not yet. We are releasing ROOT in white.
Is it safe to consume foods grown in recycled plastic?
Yes, our plastics are safe for growing your plants. Many conventional organic farms grow food using this material. ROOT is manufactured without harmful additives. By using earth-friendly plastics, we are keeping this material from piling up in landfills while simultaneously reducing carbon emissions. ROOT is designed with the environment in mind.
What is hydroponic gardening?
Hydroponic gardening is a style of growing plants without soil and instead delivers nutrient infused water directly to the root systems. Using a controlled environment, plants receive the proper care that allows them to grow efficiently.
Do you have international shipping?
Not at this moment, but please sign up for our newsletter for updates on when will ship internationally.